UNIVERSITY ‘OF PADUA
New Biology and Biomedicine Faculty
Services: electrical and special systems
Amount of work: Euro 1,698,750.00
The building of Biology and Biomedicine Faculty of Padua University , designed by the famous Lugano architect Mario Botta, surprising both for the beauty of forms inspired by the blossoming of a flower, and for the monumental size and external and internal development. In fact consists of 15,000 square meters divided into 5 floors used as classrooms with more than 1,500 seats, laboratories, offices, garage, common areas, and so on.
SICE has been chosen as specialized electrical plant engineer and also performed all the multiple and complex special equipment to service the entire building (smoke and gas detection, sound, data / structured cabling, and so on).
Numbers Of The Project
– More than € 30 million global investment
– 15,000 sqm of global covered area
– 17 classrooms with more than 1,500 seats
– 21 teaching and research laboratories
– 2.5 MVA of total electric power installed
– More than 2,500 luminaires
– 1 generator of 650 kVA